Friday, January 23, 2009

Detoxification Complete

While I didn't have the luxury of one of those posh palaces in the Hollywood hills to cleanse my innards of all the shit since November, I none the less am beginning to feel re-invigorated enough to where I can start compiling up the next batch of shit until I have to detoxify all over again. Was that a run-on sentence? Perhaps. But, there's not enough of me that cares to change it.

So...where are we at? Where am I at? The pup [Winston] is approaching his 6 month birthday. There's no scheduled celebration. Just another day in the life. He'll have to wait another 6 months before that in which he'll probably get some rawhides and pig ears and he won't be able to distinguish it over any other day. Of course it will be at about that point where he'll begin to start sleeping outside of his kennel in the evening hours.

His training is going tremendously well (save for moments of cronic jumping up on strangers. Despite my good efforts, the Humane Society trainers do not consider this a "trick" requirement.). He sits and lays down from about 15', shakes and catches stuff in his mouth. And, most recently if I ask him to say hi he'll bark. Ideally, he'll be able to fetch me a beer from the fridge. I love him to death. I never had a dog and I have to say that having him around is great.

My car situation finally got hammered out. After going to a few dealerships and test driving an equal number of Grand Cherokees on my quest to find a good deal, I ended up with a Stone White 2005 Grand Cherokee Limited. I wasn't crazy about the idea of a white vehicle but actually it's not bleach white and with the chrome accents it's nice. It'll give me that much more incentive to keep it clean. Plus, I got such a good deal on it that it could almost be neon green with hot pink flames and I'd still have gotten it (okay that might be a bit much...). It's got a navigation system which rocks because I'm one of those guys that can barely find my own rear end with my own two hands. I've got no sense of direction. And, it's got a DVD player in it. Of course this doesn't really benefit me as I don't regularly find myself in the backseat. But, it could come in handy for the passengers or a camping excursion where we're getting rained on. Or, I suppose I could pop in Air-Bud or Rin Tin Tin for Winston to watch on our way to training classes.

Work continues to go well. It's the legal field so it ebs and flows. We're doing alot more electronic discovery stuff now which is my bread and butter so I'm content with that.

Totally ready for winter to end. Being that we're just about through January I'm starting to already get that Spring fever bug. It's something Minnesotans are prone to do. We seem to think we're through the thick of it once we hit February which is pretty laughable especially considering that last year spring didn't come around until June. Nonetheless, I'm ready to get out and ride my bike, play some tennis, and play some golf. I just got a new Titleist Bob Vokey 60 degree wedge so I'm eager to try that out.

Recently finished my gun course training so as soon as I fill out the necessary paperwork and pay the $100 filing fee with the Sheriff, I'm legally permitted to conceal carry. I haven't purchased my firearm yet because I'm still holding out for a used Walther P99. They had one at the gun shop by my house but I hadn't yet received my permit to purchase so by the time I got that it was sold.

Kristie's doing well. We just celebrated 13 years in January. She's pluggin' along on her nursing degree (is that what they call it? I dunno...). I'm ready for her to cut her hair though.

Okay then I think I got most of that out the way. Now to get begin to get into "it".....

6 comments:

Kris said...

soap,

we just celebrated 14 (1st week in jan) and my goal is to get get my conceal and carry this yr.

we have more in common than we thought.

glad to see you back

kw

Name: Soapboxgod said...

Indeed we do. It feels good to be back home here. Thanks

BB-Idaho said...

P99 seems like a good choice..9mm or .40S&W? Don't be like this c/c guy
and draw attention. :)

Beth said...

See your template doesn't really matter, for I judge not a blog by the color of the template, but by the content of the blog!

Name: Soapboxgod said...

Good one Beth!

BB - it'll be the 9mm. The ammo is cheaper.

A buddy of mine has a Smith & Wesson compact M&P. It's a decent piece too but something about that Walther grip just feels right.

Patrick M said...

Glad to see you're back in it.

First of all, it wasn't a runon sentence. It was the kind I write.

Dogs are good, cars that run are good, and work is work. As for spring, we can hope for more global warming.

I'd suggest getting your weapon(s) sooner rather than later (before it gets banned).

And congrats on racking up 13. May you have that many more, and more.

Okay, where's the really good stuff? :)